Goodbye 2013

Well, it's over. 2013 is behind us now and all that's left are the memories and I'm not sure I want to do that again. Was it that bad? No - but I was. I've done some reflecting and realized that I absolutely have to change my ways.

I've always been so good and getting out and making sure that I was doing things. My son was so much fun and always willing to be in tow, down for just about anything. The past few years he's done a reversal on me and well, I haven't done much to push back. If he didn't want to do something, we didn't do it. 

That has got to change.

I've also had some financial situations which has impacted my doing the things I love. Feeding the birds had to go because I had to make choices between bird seed and feeding the bottomless pit that resides in my house. I've also been forking money over for that same said pit to play sports. At least he's finally narrowed himself down to one of those that he loves the most. But then again - this too has played a role in my sedentary lifestyle. Driving to Massachusetts and back in one day for a 90 minute soccer game puts a damper on a lifestyle. But - I bet I can make it all work out since there are places that we could go on the way to and from those games. And then my work has changed a bit and I'm on call 24x7 365 days a year now - which causes a need to make sure there is cell phone service wherever I am 'just in case' they call me. 

I think I need to stop letting everything around me dictate my life. 

So - for 2014 I need to get off my ass and do something about it. I need to just get up, take the dogs and go do those things that I used to love to do with my now pre-teen son. I need to take a few dollars here and there and breathe life into my back yard in the form of feathered friends. I need to map out my weekends in advance so I know where we are going and where I can make the most out of the trip. I need to take better care of myself healthwise - gosh I'm getting old and well, the bod isn't as resilient as it used to be. I need to read and study more. I need to take more photographs. I need to work harder at not working so much and forcing the ability to pass the phone to others. 

And I need to be me again. 


2014 - you and I have some stuff to take care of. 

Comments

Post a Comment