A brief Bambi visit

I had 4 boys in the yard playing whiffleball - yelling, screaming, laughing, running, beating each other to a senseless pulp - and I was in the house making something for the heathens to eat. Out of the corner of my eye through the kitchen window I saw movement and thought that someone ran out to the dirtpile in an attempt to scare the other boys. I did a double take and sucked in my breath. Evidently these two were really curious as to what all that noise was about. They didn't run away and actually stayed right there as the boys ran up to ask if they could pat them. I laughed but honestly, I bet you just about could of. All 5 of us stood in the back yard - about 20 feet away, and watched in awe. They stayed around for about 10 minutes then made their way into the woods. I've only seen them briefly since, but I'm sure I'll see them again once the snow flies - depending on how they the fair through hunting season.
 





Comments

Post a Comment