Sandpit Snow Buntings

Snow Buntings are a treat to stumble across no matter where you are. I'm a lucky girl when it comes to spotting a flock, but then again, I have really good ears too. :)

So, walking back from the power lines with Rollins I heard that tell tale sound of Buntings in flight and stopped dead in my tracks. I pulled back my hat to listen closer and whipped out my camera. I looked to the sky and there they were - a flock of 30+ flying overhead tweeding and tweerdling along - and then I lost sight of them. Rollins and I scrambled up the banking to the sand pit and I stood there scanning the distance (without my glasses, thank you) for any movement that would show where the elusive feathered friends could be. 

There it was, on top of a loan pile. Just enough movement to catch my eye....... 


So cute, sunning themselves up in a nice quiet spot

Until I got spotted
 
But hiding in the brush of the next dirtpile over....

Looking right at home they were!  

Oh crap, busted. We're outta here.

Comments

  1. These are such beautiful birds! I have only seen them once and I was thrilled with their beauty and colors. Your photos are wonderful of them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment