Monkey's first Ice Skating attempt

Across from Sebago Lake's south end in Standish, where the trail starts to head to Otter Ponds and the Mt. Division Trail, the recreation department has set up an ice rink. For years I've driven past because I wasn't ready for the monkey to start skating (and then hounding to play hockey), but this year he discovered a pair of skates handed down from a co-worker in the closet and started 'skating' in the driveway. Alas, it was time to bring him to the 'rink'.

As you can see below, my normally athletic son quickly picked up skating and even indulged in a little pond hockey with friends his first time out. I supposed, a pair of hockey skates are now on the docket for next winter. :)









Comments

  1. OOOoh my heaven...I love the way he does those stretches while he is skating alone....you know the two handed push ups and the one handed side stretch...Hahahaha!!! What a kid!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment