Another day, another storm....

Ok, no complaints from this kid. It's winter in Maine and somehow - although it's been cold - we made it through a few weeks without a major snowstorm. I like to think it's because I bought a four-wheel drive truck, but alas - that thought wore thin very quickly.

They predicted 8-10 inches (after trying 50 times) and actually hit it spot on in my area - we ended up with about 10 inches of heavy, wet snow. We went out and shoveled, raked the roof, cleaned out as much of the mailbox as we could before the neighbors plowed it out for us.... and then we played. While I was cleaning up, I kept hearing the Goldfinches, Chickadees and Titmouse couples singing their spring songs to each other. Then I busted a Chickadee checking out the birdhouses. :) We all know what that means! It was when a Robin flew over, screaming it's arrival, that I knew in my heart it wouldn't be long now. Then I looked at the pile of plowed up snow - 6 1/2 feet high and about 20' x 20' in diameter, and knew that I would be looking at that for a long time to come. **sigh**










Doesn't everyone take pictures of their food prep? I made a lucious Chicken Noodle Soup for supper

This is the moon trying to light up the sky. Taken around 6:30 at night - what a beautiful sky.

Comments