Apple Slim Pickin's at Randall's in Standish

I know, I'm slacking again. It's been a very busy couple of weeks and I have stories backing up, that's for other blogs. Today's adventure is for the benefit of Grammie G who wasn't able to attend due to my lack of brain cells, or menopause - I can't quite figure out what's making my brain mushy lately.

It was apple picking day with my niece Heather, Bubster and the monkey. We started at Monkey's soccer game and moved on from there. Monkey was supposed to go with his father and decided to stay with us instead. We tried Snell's in Buxton and they weren't allowing pick your own and wouldn't even let anyone in the orchard. We headed to Randall's instead. They were hit hard by a frost earlier this month and thought they would need to close, evidently it wasn't as bad as they thought so a pickin' we went. We enjoyed every minute of it too.

I'll let the pictures do the talking....



How the healthy apples look...

Damaged goods. Alot of apples got blasted by frost, I feel bad for the orchard owners.

Only way to get the good ones is to go UP!

Triumph! And 69 pounds on my shoulders!

Monkey in a tree! Oh, no - that's Bubster





Oh, that look just drips of trouble

Heather ponders a tree to climb

And that one, and that one - oh, and that one.



The apple princess
Some of the apples were so tiny, this one the size of a plum

The Hydrangeas were gorgeous though!

The orchard has plenty of old equipment for the kids, Monkey loves to play on them



Evidently it's not only a kid thing. :)

Thank goodness it won't start.
Pumpkin with the pumpkins


























Pretending they are on a Star Wars spaceship. ♥



Comments

  1. Hey Nay...I was almost in tears until I saw the picture of Zack making that hair raising face!!
    I couldn't stop laughing just giggled and giggled!!
    I guess you know I want some of those great shots of the grandkids!!
    Thanks for the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I just told hubby the other day that we need to visit one of the local orchards and go apple picking. Now, I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hydrangea and love the new banner, too. Wonderful family photos, too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment