Bald Eagle in the backyard on a sunny Sunday

Sunday was another phenomenal spring day in Maine. It's a good thing I didn't blink, it could have started to snow. I spent alot of time outside and actually think I might have a sunburn, but I'm too tired to go look in the mirror to see if I did. I raked under the big pine and the feeders by the porch and it was enough to just about knock me out. After all I've been through you would think I would know better, huh? Evidently not.

The standout of the day was a Bald Eagle that did a flyby right at the treetops, then circled the house area for about 20 minutes after that. I'm not sure if he found something that looked edible in the woods/fields or if the mere fact that children were out playing had it a little confused. He was a marvel to watch regardless.

I don't have any seeds, honestly. See my paws? Empty.


 The Bald Eagle visit


 Tree out back. I just love it's shape, pictures don't do justice


 Budding Blueberry bushes!


Noontime, March 7th


What I tried to accomplish, but who likes raking?


Pitch Pine cones. I take way too many pictures of these


Pitch Pine bark - I love the texture


Comments

  1. What a great shoot of the bald eagle!! That chipmunk sure has a cheek full. Cute little guy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment