When you're a 40 something single mother of a teen with lots of ambition, you find yourself in all kinds of interesting adventures and situations. Come back to laugh at us any time you feel the need, heaven knows where we'll be doing what next. Here you can expect a few words, a lot of images and hopefully ideas on what you can do for your next adventure.

If you're looking for something specific that we've done or a place that we've been, use the Search Box feature to search our blog.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bald Eagle in the backyard on a sunny Sunday

Sunday was another phenomenal spring day in Maine. It's a good thing I didn't blink, it could have started to snow. I spent alot of time outside and actually think I might have a sunburn, but I'm too tired to go look in the mirror to see if I did. I raked under the big pine and the feeders by the porch and it was enough to just about knock me out. After all I've been through you would think I would know better, huh? Evidently not.

The standout of the day was a Bald Eagle that did a flyby right at the treetops, then circled the house area for about 20 minutes after that. I'm not sure if he found something that looked edible in the woods/fields or if the mere fact that children were out playing had it a little confused. He was a marvel to watch regardless.

I don't have any seeds, honestly. See my paws? Empty.


 The Bald Eagle visit


 Tree out back. I just love it's shape, pictures don't do justice


 Budding Blueberry bushes!


Noontime, March 7th


What I tried to accomplish, but who likes raking?


Pitch Pine cones. I take way too many pictures of these


Pitch Pine bark - I love the texture


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...